Last modified: February 2018
There are different ways our services can be used, and we want you to be clear about how your information is processed.
- What information we collect.
- Why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
What information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like what items you find the most useful, or understanding what content matters to you most.
There are several ways we collect information.
- Information you provide to us. Our services may require you to create a Appcode account. We may ask for personal information like your credit card, company information, email address, name, or even a telephone number to store with your account.
- Information we get when you use our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like the time of day, or even when you interact with content. This information may include:
- Device We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, os version, phone number, screen size, touch screen capabilities, and unique device identifiers).
- Log We automatically collect and store certain information. This can include:
- details of actions performed on our services
- telephony information like number, forwarding numbers, date and time, duration, SMS routing information, and types.
- event information such as browser type, crashes, hardware settings, system activity, referral URL, and requests.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or account.
- Location We use various technologies to determine location, including altitude, GPS, pressure, temperature, IP address, and other sensors that may, for example, provide information on nearby devices, with wireless technology. We may collect and process this information.
- Local storage We collect and store information locally on your device using web storage and information caches.
Information we collect, in addition to information we obtain from partners, may be associated with your account. When information can be identified to your account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use \information we collect to develop new ones, provide, protect, improve, and maintain, them. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant content and ads.
Across all of the services we offer, we may use the information you provide that requires an account so that you are represented consistently across all our services.
If you have an account, we may display your information and actions you take (example: comments and reviews you post) in our services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts.
When reaching out to communicate with us, to help solve any issues you might be facing, we may use information to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We may combine information and activities on other apps, sites, and services, that may be associated with your personal information to improve our services.
We may process your personal information on one of our many servers located worldwide, this may include outside the country where you live.
People have different privacy concerns so you make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example:
- Take information associated with your account out of many of our services.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language or other preferences.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, give you ways to update or delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. We may ask you to verify your identity when updating your personal information.
We may reject unreasonably repetitive requests, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of Appcodeunless:
- Consent We will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- Legal We will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Appcode, LLC our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
Information security and integrity
We protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold:
- We encrypt many of our services using advanced hashing, SSL, and similar technologies.
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical and virtual security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to our systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
When we receive formal written complaints, we will follow up. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local information protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal information that cannot be resolved with users directly.
Thanks for using our products and services (“Services”). The Services are provided by Appcode (“Appcode”)